Pages

Monday, July 6, 2020

Fujo Keiji: BL Unlimited: Kimi Note is sexy and cute


It's a new fresh start for a blog-post series where I try to pull out thoughts out of my smooth brain on ancient/new BL manga and possibly other mediums that I happened to read/see that time and put that into words, this time with a new and I hope better name playing on the title of the anime Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited [The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED], just because fugou kinda rhymes with fujo, haha.

Intro post here.

For the fresh RE:start I chose a manga that I like to occasionally go back to called Kimi Note. It combines four short stories. Out all of them I think the first one is the best, so I'll shortly "review" only that one after the jump-cut. 

Kimi Note (Your Note/Your Scent)

Story: the first three chapters that I like the most tell a cute and simple love story between two quite lovable pals. In particular, Sawatari made the manga even more wholesome when he got upset when his bf was putting himself down in the second chapter or when he helped Miyasaka study to get to a good uni together. That strive to help his partner grow is a nice touch. I also found one of the usual BL cliche logic gymnastics that sometimes is a deal breaker for me like 'Oh, I like to insert my dick in you every night, but I'm not a homo, bruv, I swear, it's just, uh..., destiny, bro, and your looks, brother' are not found in this manga. In fact, sexuality is not addressed in any way, but treated like if it was a straight (pun intended) shoujo manga and I say the less of the no-homo bs, the better! 

I'll let Felix from Stray Kids explain the story, he does the job better than me here in this video:


Art: big clean panels with little text emphasizing on a lovely simple drawing style. I especially love the climax scene when Miyasaka confessed his feelings. I could feel the "weight" of the wind and Miyasaki's facial expressions, damn... This is one of the many moments that make me feel feels, man, every time I see it.

Sex scenes: cute, short and sexy. It's romantic how both of the boys could be seen enjoying themselves and it's hot how Sawatari was sometimes taking the lead. Good shit.

Verdictrecommend Kimi Note.

SNSD Sunny Bloom performance
Sexy-cute embodiment herself, Sunny, approves

No comments:

Post a Comment